Monday, April 23, 2012

Nepal - Here I Come

"The best way to find yourself, is to lose yourself in the service of others". Ghandi

 After many years of soul searching, I have decided to follow my heart and begin a new chapter in my life. In September 2012, I will embark on a journey, which will take me to Nepal. I will be volunteering with Volunteer Society of Nepal (see video) in which I will teach English to Buddhist monks for 3 months, then I will be working in an orphanage helping the kids with their homework, taking them to and from school and providing support and help wherever required. The Volunteer Society of Nepal relies on volunteers to provide their services so I will not be paid for my work, I must cover all of my expenses, flights, room and board, insurance and visas. I am currently working two jobs to finance this but would like to purchase some much needed materials: books, art supplies, clothes and medical supplies to bring.
Any contribution would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your support.
Philippe

Please follow me by leaving your email on my site.

No comments: