Friday, October 5, 2012

Flora and Fauna

no not the conjoined twins from the Adams Family

Yesterday was a day off for the volunteers, the students had an exam preparation day so they did not go to school. I along with Kornel from Hungary and Carmen and Nicole from Holland went into the city for some food and relaxation. We ate at a wonderful Italian restaurant, I had a green salad for the first time in 3 weeks it was heavenly! Then pizza with bacon, cheese and spinach, gnocchi with cream sauce and cappuccino. It was a great meal for under $10. We then walked to a beautiful garden called the "Garden of Dreams". It was built in 1920 for the King. We spent the afternoon there, lying in the grass and relaxing. Here are some pictures.


















2 comments:

CDF said...

Wow, gorgeous landscapes! Happy Thanksgiving!

Lise said...

What an awesome day for you and well deserved I'm sure.
Funny, as I was looking at the pictures I was going to ask that you have someone take a picture of you once in a while and there you were!!
It's our first holiday without you and I sure am missing you....
Love Ya!