Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas and Goodbye Nepal

I spent Christmas day with the kids at the orphanage. We played games and had a great feast of chow mien, chicken, channa and panneer. They opened their gifts and were very excited to receive the new TV and DVD player I got them. Thanks to everyone who contributed to my Nepal fund your donations helped to purchase a brand new outfit for each child, shoes,pants and shirts, new school bags, the TV and DVD and lots more. They are set for a while now.






Tomorrow January 7th I leave Nepal for Thailand. After 4 months here I simply cannot stay any longer. There are multiples reasons, one is the longer I stay the more attached I get to the kids and they to me then leaving becomes even harder. I cannot tolerate the cold anymore. Daytime is beautiful like a beautiful October day at home but once the sun goes down the nights are about 2C with no heating there is no way to stay warm, and no hot water to wash with. I am losing my mind. Also the people in Nepal are very apathetic, they don't try to change their situation they simply have given up on the government and so this makes them lazy and hopeless. I am starting to feel this way also and so I decided to leave. I am flying to Bangkok for a few days where I will board a train to the border then walk across the border to Cambodia where I will teach English in a small rural school for 3-4 weeks then return to Thailand to teach in a government school. Just think tomorrow afternoon I will be in 35C weather. AH cannot wait! I will post pictures from there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck, travel safe and take care!

Love P C I i & m